Monday, February 28, 2011

Oracle AQS Transport Complete & the Next Article Series

This went together pretty quickly. I have a local version tested and working from both directions. I can push messages in from the database side via a stored procedure and also from the .NET world. All that is left is to fork NServiceBus-Contrib and get the code into that solution structure and figure out how to build it. It's using Ruby/rake which I've never used before, but the format seems simple enough.

After that work is done, it's back to getting the 3.0 branch to function. I'll need to work on the serialization issues with the headers, hopefully that is not a big deal. I'll be sure to include all the SQL scripts I used to setup and test the transport.

During our implementation of NSB, we came across many times where we had to customize NSB to do various things. I'm thinking the next series will be on all the ways you can customize and extend NSB.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    I am trying to run the OracleAQS.NServiceBus.TestRunner app but I get the following error:
    Unhandled Exception: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-25215: user_data type and queue type do not match

    This is the payload type I have created in Oracle:

    CREATE TYPE demo_queue_payload_type AS OBJECT
    ( message VARCHAR2(400));

    Could you direct me towards what the issue might be?

    Thanks,

    Micheal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used an XML type for the queue and then from the client side called a stored procedure that formatted the message.

    ReplyDelete