Monday, December 17, 2012

NSB PowerShell Support in v3.3

Looks like this is the answer to my request for granular control over infrastructure installation. This works for me as PowerShell is our common denominator for our developers and admins. After getting through the new MSI installer, you will see a new short cut to a prompt.

I'm runing Windows 7 Enterprise and you will get an error OOTB

To get rid of this error you have to install PowerShell v3.  I won't show examples of all the commands available, but we do now have full control over what is installed.  Here is a listing of what is available:

Get-Message
Get-NServiceBusVersion
Install-Dtc
Install-License
Install-Msmq
Install-PerformanceCounters
Install-RavenDB

I think all of these are pretty self explanatory.  The great news is this takes care of allowing you to install only what you need instead of everything in the kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment